Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Hero Has Let Me Down

As much as what I'm about to say pains me, down to the deepest parts of my soul and it makes me want to cry everytime it comes to mind, I need to make this announcement.
When I watched the video of Lady Gaga in a see through outfit in high heels and crowd surfing, while a bunch of half-crazed men started. . .well, let's just say all of her girl parts weren't safe out in the open.

I couldn't believe my eyes, I burst out in tears the first 30 seconds and immediatly turned it off. I just didn't want to believe my hero. . .had let me down.

As soon as I shut the webpage down, I recalled the before the fame moments of Stefani Germanotta, who now a days is called Lady Gaga. She was music lover. Period. She had a beautiful soul that was crying out for help in the lonely world she was livng in. Her music told stories of love, pain, and wonder.

Then I moved on through the cycle and came to when her dream of fame finally became true. You could tell she was like a little caterpillar bursting from her cocoon into an enormous and colorful butterfly. Her music had taken a strange, but wonderful turn, but then I listened to the lyrics of her songs and finally realized how wrong I had been.

Finally, she had come to this; she had been overtaken. . .by the fame monster. She had changed; she was stressing her power of fame until it was broken. This statement I read to you isn't mad up and I quote: "Lady Gaga debuts at #4 on the Forbes World Most Powerful Celebrities list". As you can see I have a feeling I wasn't the only one who was starstruck with the fame.

So now, I've learned to never count on your heroes, they'll only let you down.

Goodbye Lady Gaga

~Frenchie, the former Gaga fan =(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your spoonful of sugar to the teapot!